Saturday, May 16, 2015

Finding Purpose

As a person who enjoys passing privilege, this blog is a preventative measure of letting myself become closeted again. Even if I resort to dragging myself forward slowly, then I'll become too comfortable couching my thoughts and opinions so I don't out myself to the wrong person. So here goes, I'm trans and I identify as female and prefer female pronouns k thx.

I'm still not sure what I want this blog to be exactly, and because of it I am yet again stymied in my efforts to express myself. I remember back in ye olden internet times that I had a live journal account I treated as a diary, leading to all sorts of IRL complications when I used real names. And while I'm slightly more mature than I was 12 years ago, I'm not naive enough to fully adopt an unguarded diary format on a non-airgapped computer. Once burned, you know.

So diary is out, how about a digital soap box? I can totally get indignant about any number of things, and studying Gender Politics has become a pet project of mine. So... I could contribute to an established advocacy blog, but I'd mostly be preaching to the choir. If my goal is to win hearts and minds, I run into the same issues I have in my personal life of wanting acceptance and needing to forever put myself out there to face constant rejection.

So I could find some subtle way to contribute to sociopolitical discourse, or just ramble incoherently for an arbitrary number of words and paragraphs and then abruptly

No comments:

Post a Comment